She is finally here and more amazing than we could have ever imagined!!!!!!! For those of you interested here is our birthing story..
I tried to have her natural as you know this was my "plan". I went into labor at 2:20 -am Sunday morning, I was doing awesome, very calm, relaxed and at home with a doula (Jeanie Casey) until about 3pm . When I got to the hospital I was 7 cm dilated - everyone was shocked at my calm demeanor. Things continued to progress really well until about 7 pm, I was 10 cm and had 17 hours of natural labor under my belt and begun pushing but having no more luck. Things kind of stalled. They wanted to give me pitocin to speed things back up and I agreed but only if I could have an epidural. Got a small epidurlal, lasted for 1.5 hours and still no baby - GRRRRRRRRR. The epidural COMPLETELY wore off!!! The On Call OB (my OB was not there) told me it was standard OB procedure to only allow patient to push for 3 hrs and I only had 1 more hr to push within that 3 hr window or she was going to give me a c-section - I had already been pushing for 2 hours & the results were not overly fruitful. I was frustrated, I had already stretched my cervix 10 cm, so I got really motivated pushed like no tomorrow and FINALLY after 19.5 hrs of labor gave birth to a beautiful, perfect baby girl. So if you ask me I did it all natural (like my "original plan") with a 1.5 hour window of relief (the short epidural). 18 hours of natural anyway!!!!! I felt everything during that final 30 minutes!!!!! I will tell you from point of crowning, to giving birth, holding her - NOW THAT IS A POWERFUL, AMAZING, BEAUTIFUL EXPERIENCE. One that I would love to experience over & over, so in the end I am thankful that the epidiral wore off!!!!! God really does know what he is doing:)
Baby Emerson and Dr. Melody Adler shortly after birth!


1 comment:
Congratulations! Way to go Moma Alli! We can't wait to meet Emerson. She is soooo beautiful, not even a cone head after 3 hours of pushing!
Post a Comment