Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Celebration

Today I celebrated the 4th anniversary of my 29th Birthday!! Here is a snapshot of my day! Last night I chose the dinner of my choice and began to thaw it for my special day!!
Emerson wakes up at her usual 6am, no sleeping in for mommy! At 6:15 I hear Chris say, "Alli, come here I need your help". He-he, I rush to see what is up b/c I know this is just a trick to get me out of bed to see my birthday present! NOT!!! Emerson had a messy diaper that leaked out the top - YUCK, what a mess. We had to put her in the bathtub to get all cleaned up! We all walked her to school, then came home to get ready. Chris then gave me my real birthday present 2 pairs of "Yellow Box" flip flops. They are the BEST!!!!! Shortly after I was off to work. I had a personal docotr's appointment, which I waited for a long time. I do not know exactly how long b/c I fell asleep on the exam table while waiting! AHHH nice mid morning nap!! So now I am behind schedule, grrr. I go into a large account of mine to see a customer who has really helped me achieve my sales goals this year. She tells me she is resigning.. WHAT??? Are you kidding me, that is not the birthday present that I signed up for!!! Later that afternoon I had a lunch with an office, I told them they could order from the restaurant of their choice. They ordered from a restaurant that has NO parking so I had to park in the garage and carry 100lbs of food back to the garage! Around 3pm I get a phone message from Sarah at Em's school... "Mrs Lane we need you to pick up Emerson, she has had 2 episodes of diarrhea". What???? So much for my "Alli" time today!
Now you remember that special dinner that I mentioned earlier?? Well that burnt in the crock pot and the pork tenderloin was dry as a bone! YUCK! While eating Emerson knocked over my glass of tea so now I had nothing to drink to wash down the chalk stew! Who burns food in the crock pot???? I'm done! I seem to recall some birthday advice that my friend Jenny gave me one year.. it was simple but I think of it each year! It is your birthday - EAT WHATEVER YOU WANT!!! While this was running through my mind, I darted off to Sonic got a cheeseburger (actually hamburger b/c they forgot the cheese and they put mustard on my hamburger - YUCKY) then went to get Chris & I ice cream! YUMMY! Now as I am typing my ears are bleeding! Chris has the TV blarring some horrendous musical entitled "Sweeney Todd". It is soo loud I think the children at the deaf school in St. Louis are screaming in pain!

Ok, all jokes aside. My Birthday has been AWESOME!!! I have so many Super thoughtful friends and family members that sent me text messages, emails, cards and gifts! I really appreciate each of you! I am very blessed to have you all in my life!!!
THANK YOU!!!!!

3 comments:

Kristin Baldwin said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!! And hey I burn even mac and cheese so don't feel bad about the crock pot...

brwnsugar said...

YOU ARE A NUT!!!!!
Glad your birthday was memorable.

Hyser Family said...

What a birthday. Nothing like being a mom, right? :) We love it. Most of the time... :)