Saturday, January 3, 2009

Cardborad and tape!

Earlier this morning I was downstairs while Emerson and Chris were playing upstairs. After I felt guilty enough to come relieve Chris of his duties, I came upstairs to find this. Let me remind you that this is NOT posed but rather reality - they are both asleep!!





Another weekend of cabin fever has sparked a creative side in Chris. Today we decided to make a "play house" for Emerson. This was very therapeutic for me as it brought back memories of a play house that I had as a little girl. My older siblings still have no idea the torment that they caused when they tore it down. For years I have dealt with this loss and now I am letting my grudges go as I live vicariously through Emerson playing in this cardboard box.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really had nothing to do with your house getting destoyed when you were little. It was your brother.

Aunt Cindy

Hyser Family said...

Those sleepy pictures are adorable. I attempted to make kaiya and kaleb a fort to play in, out of boxes... not so good. it was too flimsy and Kaleb kept trying to tear it down. Which ticked Kaiya off bad. :) I may give it a year or so before I attempt it again.

Jen, Jason, and AJ said...

I love those pictures of them sleeping. Priceless:) I need to sqeeze her cheeks. Miss you guys.